Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What I've been doing!



.
These are BOTW that I've been working on from a local quilt shop "The Little Red Quilt House" there are 12 blocks so I still have 4 to finish and they must be done by Dec. 4th. because we are getting together to finish the quilt that day at the quilt shop I'm very happy with how they've turned out anxious to see the finished quilt.




.




We had our Christmas party for our quilt guild this month because we don't meet in Dec. it was held at "The Blue Heron" restaurant the food was yummy I might add, it was a chicken dish with garlic mashed potatoes, grren beans, choice of beverage and chocolate mousse for dessert. We had a gift exchange and if you had a secret sister she was revealed then. I received from my secret sister the charm pack "Fancy Hill Farm" by Robyn Pandolph, Oh Sew Charming pattern to use the charm pack for and Season's Greetings stitch n hang cross stitch kit the turquoise organizer was from the gift exchange and it can also be used as a purse liner she filled the inside pockets with handy little items we had a great time!









I aslo went to Florida for a few day's to visit my BF and hubby that's what the picture of the quilt is from it was made by his great great great grandma in 1860 while her husband was off to war. It is in excellent condition considering it's age. The sunrise picture is taken out their back door one morning and the sunset pictures were taken the last night I was there beautiful 70-80 degree weather the whole time I was there, we went to a quilt shop in Clearwater called "Rainbow's End" http://rainbowsendquiltshoppe.com/
 they have so many bolt's of material you don't know where to start but I was a good girl and didn't go overboard but I sure could've check out their website above. Well that's all for now hope to get other blocks finished soon and will post when done till then "Happy Sewing"



















4 comments:

Unknown said...

G'morn Sandy ~ Oh, the quilt is awesome! And, that exquisite sunset ... you truly captured the beauty of both ...

Have a beautiful & blessed Thanksgiving ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Sandy! Sounds like you've been having fun! ... That quilt is beautiful, and I like all your Christmas party goodies too. I bet you can't wait to start playing with those...Your sunrise/sunset photos are just lovely. Everything looks so still and peaceful ... Have a great day! xo Paulette

Sandy said...

You are going to town on those BOWs! Looking good! I don't think I will be done with mine in time to do the finish class....we will see.

Rettabug said...

Hi Sandy!

I've been reading some of your older postings (I'm your newest follower, BTW) & ran across this mention of The Little Red Quilt House!!!! That is the same shop that my friend Anne & I just paid $50 apiece to take quilting lessons on her long arm!!! We bought a set of zippers to share between us, too, so we could baste at home prior to arrival. OMGosh, what a small world, huh?
We will HAVE to set up a day to meet there & go for lunch after. You can email me via my blog...I can't find an email addy on yours.