Monday, July 25, 2011

♥Jellyroll quilt♥

Well, finally finished the jellyroll quilt "Rural Jardin" that I pieced together at the retreat I went to back in April, in Amish country with the ladies from my quilt guild ...to quilt it I just sewed in the ditch every other strip, wanted to free motion but, I'm just not real good at that and didn't want to mess it up. The back fabric is a cream color with little roses the same color as the red on the front with tiny blue flowers. Not sure what I will do with it just happy to have it finished...haven't done much sewing of any kind lately too much outside work to do etc. I know so many of you are having the same heat wave that we are having so be careful when working outside rest and stay hydrated better yet stay inside and sew where it's cooler....better take my own advice....

8 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Love your Rural Jardin quilt, Sandy!
What was the finished size? It's beautiful.
xoxo
Donna

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Oh my gosh! That is gorgeous. Some day I vow to learn.

Hugs,
Jacalyn

Barb said...

Turned out wonderfully!

Rettabug said...

Hi Neighbor!

Your jelly roll quilt turned out GREAT, Sandy! I love the colors & the backing coordinates beautifully.

I've been inside sewing, too, getting some UFO's completed as well as a few dresses for my DGD.

Happy to hear the rain this morning! I love it when God waters my garden for me.

fondly,
Rett

Sandy said...

Your quilt looks really good...love the backing.

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Turned out beautifully Sandy!

Carolyn :)

Unknown said...

G'day Sandy ~

Would you be so kind to (& tell your friends) comment on my BLOG ONLY (emails don't count), for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

Have a beautiful weekend.
Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.