Friday, February 27, 2009

Fabric shopping in "Amish" country



Well, Spring fever really hit the other day my friend who is "Sandy" also and I decided it was time for a fabric shopping trip.... it was a beautiful, sunny day in the 50's which is really nice for us this time of year went to "Amish" country looking at all the beautiful quilts and fabric and of course we didn't come home empty handed below is a picture of my "goodies".


The children were just getting out of school when we were leaving all of them little to much bigger were walking along side the road carrying their lunch boxes coming from their one room school houses of which there are many. You really had to be careful the roads are very hilly so you really had to watch for the "buggies" and the children. It is well worth the trip quite a different life style from our own I think better in some way's but not in other's... I know I couldn't do it too spoiled with all our conveniences.


The name of the store is the same as my last name "Miller" but unfortunetly not me or any relation.






Don't you just love the horse & buggy out front of the store just patiently waiting for it's owner to return.... but, if she's anything like us it could certainly be awhile. The store is in a charming little town that is named "Charm" it is only one of the many little towns that are located close to each other in Amish country what a wonderful day trip or get a "bed n breakfast "and make a weekend of it








Beautiful view behind the store!!!!!
















Well, here are all the "goodies" that I bought when my friend & I went fabric shopping down to Amish country. The patterns are from "Crab Apple Hill & Bareroots" which are 2 of my favorites and the jelly roll, charm pack & etc. are from Moda... Simplicty, At Rivers Edge are just a couple of the patterns of fabric... the fabric was all just indescribeably delicious hard to make up my mind.





I can't wait to start something with them but, have a couple BOM to finish first and then on with the new. Until next time Happy stitching!!!!!










No comments: