Saturday, August 14, 2010

My very first full fledged quilt top♥

I just completed my very first actual quilt top "am I excited" you bet I am...the blocks I have to admit I only made one of the them it was the block for our May meeting at our Material Girls Quilt Guild and I happened to win them if you make a block your name goes in the hat for all the blocks and I was the lucky one. I've had a hard time deciding what to do so I took them up to one of the girls in the guild who has a quilt shop and she helped me pick the pattern and fabric for the additional blocks and borders. The green border is by Deb Strain for Moda and the white border is  IN LOVE WITH NATURE by Susan Branch for RJR fabrics. The name of the blocks is called Shooting Star made out of scraps everyone had we all have them don't we!! Now that the top is finished I will take it back to Karen, pick out the backing and get the batting wanted to do that today but didn't have time before the shop closed so will do it next week one day and then I will have her quilt it on her long arm think it will turn out to be a queen size. If your wondering why the green block is in there someone I guess didn't pay close enough attention to the directions of the block it was suppose to be a light background...oh well it turned out just fine and I love it!!

7 comments:

Barb said...

You deserve a pat on the back, looks wonderful as well as that bag below.

Unknown said...

Sandy, I love your quilt, the colors & fabrics are perfect. Good job!

Have a wonderful PS weekend ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Vicki ♥ said...

Looks great Sandy and you should be very proud of yourself as that is a great achievement :)

Judy C said...

Sandy great job, you are now on your way!

Terry said...

Congratulations! It looks wonderful! :0)

Nancy's Notes said...

Congratulations, it's beautiful and very impressive!

Happy I found my way to your blog!

Nancy
Nancy's Notes

Sandy said...

That turned out really great...good job!